What are Youth Boxing Gloves?
Youth boxing gloves are protective gear used during boxing practice or matches specifically designed for younger boxers. They are usually lighter in weight and crafted with softer and less restrictive designs, making them ideal for the developing bodies of young athletes.
Benefits of Youth Boxing Gloves
Youth boxing gloves provide several key benefits for young boxers:
- They absorb shock to ensure safety when your child is learning the sport.
- They allow full range of motion that is necessary as they continue to develop in technique and strength.
- They will help protect younger boxers from knuckle injuries.
Types of Youth Boxing Gloves
- MMA gloves – a heavier, multi-layered design for added protection in the ring
- Training gloves: designed for all-around use in training exercises and sparring
- Sparring gloves: a softer design for competative matches and contact sparring
Key Considerations When Choosing Youth Boxing Gloves
When it comes to protecting young athletes from head trauma and possible injuries while participating in boxing, the right type of youth boxing gloves are essential. The type of glove chosen should be suitable for the size and activity of each individual boxer, allowing them to move freely and comfortably while also providing optimal protection.
It is important for parents to understand the various considerations when selecting youth boxing gloves, so that their children can stay safe and enjoy the sport:
- Material Used: It’s important to select boxing gloves made with high-quality materials such as leather, which provide superior protection and durability.
- Size: Choosing the right size gloves is essential in order to ensure adequate protection as well as comfort. The hand size of young athletes often changes rapidly, so it is important for parents to measure correctly before making a purchase.
- Closure:The type of closure used on youth boxing gloves can also have an impact on how snugly they fit around the wearer’s hands. Velcro closures provide an adjustable fit which can accommodate changing hand sizes over time.
- Weight:The weight of youth-size boxing gloves should be appropriate for a young fighter’s skill level. Generally speaking, lightweight gloves are perfect for beginners who don’t have the strength or skill necessary to handle heavier protective gear.
Understanding these key considerations can help parents choose the right pair of youth boxing gloves for their children, ensuring they stay protected while participating in the sport.
Expert Tips to Ensure a Proper Fit of Youth-Boxing-Gloves
When choosing youth-boxing-gloves, not only is it important to consider the type and features of the gloves, it is also essential to get the right fit. With a proper fit, young fighters can have maximum protection and stability while training. Here are some expert tips from professional trainers.
1. Measure the Palm Circumference
The most important factor when sizing gloves for youth is the circumference of the palm. It is important to find out what size your child’s hand measure around its widest point at the knuckles. To measure correctly ensure that fingers are slightly apart with measuring tape going entirely around hand including thumb.
2. Consider Age Range
Youth boxing gloves come in different sizes from approximately 8 ounces up to 13 ounces depending on age range. For beginner boxers aged 3 – 6, use 8 – 10oz gloves; for intermediate boxers aged 7 – 11, use 10 – 12oz gloves; and for advanced boxers aged 12 and up, use 12 – 16 oz depending on weight.
3. Select Appropriate Material
It is essential to select material that provides comfort as well as protection specially in kids gloves which should have soft padding so as not upset delicate fingers when making contact with opponent’s body parts.
4. Choose Colours and Designs Kids Love
Youth boxing gloves come in many attractive colors and designs kids love such as their favorite characters or superheroes which can motivate them even more towards practice and training.
5. Look for Stretchability
It is important to buy youth-boxing-gloves that are stretchable and adjustable like the ones with straps and hook-and-loop closure so that the gloves can fit as hand grows. This ensures that kids do not have to worry about discomfort in their gloves.
FAQs on Finding the Right Youth-Boxing-Gloves for Maximum Protection
When it comes to finding the right pair of youth boxing gloves, there are a few different things you need to keep in mind. To ensure that your child has the maximum protection and comfort they need while they practice the sport of boxing, here are some frequently asked questions about finding the right youth boxing gloves for their safety.
1. What sizes are available?
Youth boxing gloves typically come in sizes from 8oz all the way up to 14oz. The size of glove depends on how much protection and padding your child needs and what weight class they compete in, if any. It is also important to consider hand size when purchasing; smaller children might need smaller gloves than their weight class suggests in order to get a proper fit.
2. How can I make sure my kid gets a proper fit?
To ensure your kid gets a proper fit, it’s recommended that they try on several different pairs before deciding which one will be best for them. This will help them determine which pair give them the most comfortable and secure fit. You should also pay attention to any signs of discomfort, such as redness or chafing around their wrists or thumbs.
3. What kind of material should I look for?
The material that makes up the bulk of your child’s youth boxing gloves is important because not all materials provide equally quality protection – some may have more padding than others. It’s ideal to look for gloves made with leather, vinyl, or synthetic materials as these materials are known for being especially durable and strong.
4. What about features such as wrist support?
- Look for gloves with additional features such as wrist support or foam padding because these features can help minimize shockwaves when punching and guard against injury during practice sessions.
- For younger boxers, consider investing in youth boxing gloves with thumb locks; this feature prevents them from overextending their thumbs while striking and helps keep them safe during bouts.